Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

 Seriously, what is the chief cook
and bottle washer to do on days like today? 
You know the days I am referring to with such frustration,
the how do I eat an elephant day...one bite at a time.
Don't judge, but tonight's dinner is a
"cheat" Stuffed Peppers dinner.
Stuffed Peppers with a short-cut.
Short-cut sounds nicer, doesn't it? 
So now you will know my in a super rush secret.
 
First in the casserole dish, some of last summer's
green peppers frozen in time during a harvest freeze day.

 
Alright, here comes the big "cheat" reveal -
prepare your favorite seasoned box rice. 
I have Lipton's Fiesta Sides Spanish Rice in the pantry

 
Fill the thawed green peppers with your
cooked rice mixture.
I also put some shredded cooked
chicken under the rice mixture.
 
 Top with cheese choice.  I used Pepper Jack slices to compliment the Spanish Rice.
 
 Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 30-40 minutes until peppers are cooked
and cheese melted, golden in color.
 
Yummy!  Serve with a fresh salad and ring the dinner bell!






No comments:

Post a Comment