Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

For the love of fresh linen scent...

I love the smell of fresh bedding, crisp and smelling of sunshine from drying on a line outdoors, don't you?  *Sigh, this is New York, the middle of February, snow blizzards daily, way too far below zero temperatures outdoors to have that simple pleasure...so I went to the stand by dryer sheets.  And then my dryer seemed to be taking longer to dry a load of laundry.  Maybe I should call the repair man and bite the bullet on expensive repair bill.  Instead, I pull out dryer vent and clean it off, I always do this after every load, no problem.  
 Not certain if you can see, but the water made "puddles" on the screen today when I thought maybe a quick rinse would help with a super clean.  For the love of fresh linen scent, I had forgotten all the warnings about dryer sheet build up blocking screen and becoming a fire hazard.  Easy solution is a a scrub with Dawn dish detergent and retest water drainage.  Presto!  All set and dryer is working fabulous again!

No comments:

Post a Comment