Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

DIY Herb Planter and Herbs

Hmmmm...what's that I spy
in the corner of the garage scrap pile?
Scrap treated lumber? Add some tarnished copper pipe from the kitchen remodel job...
...and a herb planter is born.
 Quick coat of pale yellow will play well with the copper handle after a rough sanding, some pretty light blue stenciling and we are almost ready to plant!
Check out the newest Miracle Gro product!  After adding drain holes to the bottom of the planter and gravel for drainage, it was time for the Miracle Gro.  No, I haven't been paid to endorse Miracle Gro, but like many home gardeners, I love the product.
Next, I headed to Home Depot and Lowes to find my favorite Herbs...Lemon Tyme, Sweet Basil, Spicy Basil, Oregano and Rosemary to start.  I have a couple more Herb Planters in the works from the infamous scrap pile.  This will be a great start for a kitchen Herb Garden. Visions of sauces made from fresh herbs dance in my head and I can smell the aroma of the Scalloped Tomatoes baking already.
And of course keep all the herbs warm over night, with the threat of a spring frost!

No comments:

Post a Comment