Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Cranberry Spinach Couscous

Flavored Couscous is a favorite with us.  Today, I am making a side dish of Cranberry Spinach Couscous to serve with dinner tonight.  I am going to have to make a few recipe adaptations though, due to "someone" not restocking the pantry with pearl couscous : )
Chop one cup dried cranberries and one medium onion.  Add both ingredients into pan with 2 tablespoons melted butter and saute until onions are translucent.

Add one cup pearl couscous (this is where I venture off the culinary path thanks to a depleted pantry) or in this culinary dish I am creating today, a box of garlic flavored couscous mix with the seasoning package.
Add 1 1/2 cups chicken stock to pan to simmer.
If you are using pearl couscous also add 2 teaspoons of finely chopped garlic.  I did not because I am using the box mix seasoning package.
Add one teaspoon German style brown mustard.  
Rough chop 1 cup of spinach and add to pan.
Stir into couscous mix and cover until spinach is cooked 6- 8 minutes.
I love this stuff, the couscous garlic box mix worked just fine in this recipe : ) sometimes a new direction/shortcut works out fine in the kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment