Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Farm to Market to Table and the USDA National Farmers Market Directory

I love the sights and aromas of the local Saturday Farmer's Market.  Munching on warm, fresh made doughnuts and a cup of coffee as I walk the barns of vegetables, fruits, flowers.Talking with craftsman about their products I always gain inspiration for future projects, as well as, a few local recipes from the produce growers. 
Today, I am on vacation out of state.  But thanks to the USDA National Farmers Market Directory, I can quickly find a local market any place in the U. S.  The USDA National Farmers Market Directory, gives the public access to information about U.S. farmers market locations, directions, operating times, product offerings, and accepted forms of payment.  You can check it out at this link:  U.S. Farmers Market Directory
In the next couple of posts I'll share what I did with this trip's bounty from the market! 


No comments:

Post a Comment