Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pine Cones Galore

Last fall I collected a box of these small pine cones.  Projects of winter decor danced in my head.
I try to have seasonal wreaths vs. holiday wreaths, with the exception of Christmas.  The pine cone wreath will be perfect for the remainder of this winter season on the front door.
The below zero temperatures and the blustery conditions in NY make for a snuggle up by the fireplace with a steamy cup of coffee and craft day to start using some of the pine cones galore collection I have for a wreath.  Most of the wreaths I create start with a wire frame.  This one is no different.  I layered pine cones on the frame.
Pine Cones Galore.
Simple and Rustic Pine Cone Wreath
Next up, I embellished a frame.  Think I might spray this frame with Looking Glass Spray Paint.  
I like the rustic, natural pine cones and think the mirror Looking Glass Spray paint would enhance the ice and cold of the winter decor feeling.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment