Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Potato Rolls

Ingredients:
2 packages Rapid Rise dry yeast
1-1/3 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 cup cooked potatoes, mashed 
2-1/2 teaspoons salt
6 to 6-1/2 cups flour 

Directions: 
  • In a bowl, dissolve yeast in 1 1/3 cup warm water. In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, potatoes, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Shape into a ball; do not knead.
  • Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
  • Punch dough down, shape into 3 dozen balls and arrange in baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
  • Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes approximately 3 dozen rolls.

  • 3 comments:

    1. I've had fun checking out your blog! I would love to have you come share 'Your Great Idea' at my link party, hosted every weekend. I know my readers would love you! www.oneshetwoshe.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks Mariel! Happy to share on "Your Great Idea" link party. I joined your blog, I'd love to have you join my GFC. I'm hungry from browsing your recipe collection : )

      ReplyDelete
    3. Looks yummy! I love potato bread/rolls.

      ReplyDelete